Elberton, Sinclair Gas Station Project

Closing Date: March 25, 2005
In March 2005, the Foundation provided a $90,000 loan to the Elberton Downtown Development Authority to assist with the acquisition and renovation of the former Sinclair Gas Station building located on the Public Square. The property now houses the offices of the Elbert County Chamber of Commerce.

Project Details

Loan Recipient
Elberton Downtown Development Authority

Sub-Recipient
1893 Partners, LLC

Project Cost
$99,833

GCF Loan Amount
$90,000

DD RLF Loan Amount, if any
N/A

Project Use
Office
After
Foundation Project Impacts
299 New Downtown Businesses
1728 New Jobs Downtown
$147 Million in Private Investments
8 Cultural Facilities
288 Downtown Housing Units
157 Hotel Units Downtown
1,352,805 Redevelopment Floor Area sf
200,267 New Construction sf