The Green Communities Fund is a rebate program offered by the Georgia Cities Foundation. The Green Communities Fund provides a 25% rebate for pre-approved, eligible energy efficient improvements to downtown commercial, mixed-use, and multi-family buildings within the state of Georgia.
- The project must be in Georgia.
- The project must be a commercial building located within the boundaries of a city's downtown development authority or in a downtown area or neighborhood center approved by the Georgia Cities Foundation.
- The project must have at least $10,000 in eligible energy efficiency improvements to qualify. The maximum rebate is $100,000 per project.
- The replacement of windows and/or doors is not eligible for a rebate and cannot be included in the project total.
- The applicant must document a projected energy savings improvement of 20% ora combined 10 year returnon investment.
- All rebate applications must be approved by the Georgia Cities Foundation prior to beginning any eligible energy efficiency improvements.
- The following applicants are noteligible: